- What are they?
- How RGraph can help you
- Example charts
What are they?
- Compatible. With careful placement of things like labels and titles search engines will be able to index information that is on the chart. The fallback content can also be used for these puposes. If wished the content could even be extracted from the page itself.
- Page integration. Your charts can be fully integrated into the page and can interact with it and all of the elements in it (eg form controls).
- Reduced server load. By moving the generation of your charts away from the server and on to the client (ie the web browser) it takes away a significant chunk of processing from the server. So instead of making potentially thousands of charts your server makes none and each individual client makes them.
- Open. The source code that creates the charts is right there in the page so if you want to see how a particular feature works then you can.
- Standards compliant. RGraph produces charts based on HTML5 standard so they have a wide ranging support and future devices will support them.
That isn't to say that you can ignore the issue completely. Accessibility of websites is becoming more and more of an issue, particularly where disability access is needed. Some countries have even legislated or are in the process of legislating that government websites and the services that they provide have to be accessible by all concerned. Thus you can use the canvas fallback content to provide a textual version of the data represented by your chart. Providing good quality titles for your charts will also help people to understand the data that is being represented.
How RGraph can help you
In total RGraph can produce roughly 23 different kinds of charts - all of which can be significantly customised which in some cases can produce other types of charts. For example the filled range Line chart can have its data tailored in order to produce Fan charts - which is an example of the type of chart the Bank of England uses to show growing uncertainty in future currency valuations. For examples of the various types of chart that RGraph can show visit the examples section