3 parameter limit in URL

Share RGraph:   Share or Like RGraph on Facebook!

« Back to message list

Enter your email address to get email updates on this topic. You can stop receiving updates by clicking the link in the update email messages.

Posted by Todd R on 11th August 2016
I've been using the HBar graph and think I've found a problem. I am assigning a url to the graph and as long as I only pass 3 parameters it works correctly. If I try to pass a 4th parameter the & gets turned into a & and thus breaking the url. Below is an example:

/charttest/semwodetailnotes.asp?shop=FIR&status=FC&shopdesc=Fire Emergency&test=x

As you can see the shop, status and shopdesc are fine but the & before the test gets converted to &.

Is this limit intentional? I have the need to pass more than 3 parameters. I have tested it extensively and finally came to the conclusion that 3 is the limit.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Todd
Posted by Richard on 11th August 2016
Hi,

That sounds more like an issue with your ASP code than with RGraph. It might have something to do with you having a space in your URL. You could try encoding the URL like this:

/charttest/semwodetailnotes.asp?shop=FIR&status=FC&shopdesc=Fire+Emergency&test=x

Richard
Posted by Todd R on 11th August 2016
In my testing I tried it with spaces and without. I also tried different orders. Made no difference. I could not get it to pass more than 3 parameters.
Posted by Richard on 11th August 2016
Hi,

It probably isn't RGraph - your ASP code that gets the text from the query string and then gives it RGraph is most likely at fault.

Richard
Posted by Othmar on 12th August 2016
Todd,

Your problem seems to be the + sign. You have to URLencode your parameter string. See: stackoverflow.com/questions/1005676/urls-and-plus-signs

Othmar

Add a reply

« Back to message list