Building an adjustable Bar chart with two bars ($$ !)

Share RGraph:   To help my Google visibility (it can't get much worse!), if you like and use RGraph I'd appreciate it if you could link to me

« Back to message list

Enter your email address to get email updates on this topic. You can stop receiving updates by clicking the link in the update email messages.

Posted by Bil on 27th February 2013
If someone could help me do this, I'd gladly fill their purses with gold.

I would like to have a bar chart with one bar being "% income paid in taxes" and the neighboring bar being "Total revenue." For each of a half-dozen income brackets.

The % should be adjustable and the revenue should adjust itself as I change the %.

I'm a Java guy and my programming of JavaScript is iffy, a bit of help would be wonderful.

-Bil
Posted by RGraph support on 28th February 2013
Hi there,

You could use a stacked Bar chart - similar to this Bar chart:

dev.rgraph.net/demos/bar01.html

But with two segments instead of three. That way you could have a red segment of the bar representing tax paid, a black segment representing the remainder. And the entire bar would represent the total income. Feel free to use the demo page as a start point - you'll find it in the demos folder of the download.

Richard, RGraph Support

1 Year Priority Support now reduced to £299:
   www.rgraph.net/support
Posted by Bil on 28th February 2013
Dear Richard,

I appreciate the reply. Unfortunately it doesn't work (or I don't know how to make it work).

Here is a mock up that should clarify things. dl.dropbox.com/u/15169702/Revenue.jpg

I want to mouse the % Income label and drag it up and down and have both the revenue bar and the total bar change appropriately. Two axises would be nice. (I don't need the % Wealth bar.)

When I make a bar graph with two bars adjustable, it behaves weirdly. (One adjustable bar works fine.) No idea how to do the updating.

As said, if you know someone who can make this work, I'd be happy to pay for the honor.

-Bil
Posted by RGraph support on 28th February 2013
Hi there,

I've updated the chart so that adjusting will work on grouped charts:

dev.rgraph.net/demos/bar02.html

(The fix will be part of the next beta release)

I don't have the time to take on any custom work right now I'm afraid but I would suggest that that page is a good starting point if you do attempt it yourself.

Richard, RGraph Support

1 Year Priority Support now reduced to £299:
   www.rgraph.net/support
Posted by Bil on 1st March 2013
YES!!! Thank you! I can use that and get a lot of what I want now.

<happiness>

Add a reply

« Back to message list