RGraph is saying that the getContext function is null

Share RGraph:   To help my Google visibility (it can't get much worse!), if you like and use RGraph I'd appreciate it if you could link to me

« Back to message list

Enter your email address to get email updates on this topic. You can stop receiving updates by clicking the link in the update email messages.

Posted by sudarshan on 30th July 2016
Hi,

i am using your Rgraph for the the charts,everything is fine some times it's showing the error get context of null in rect.js,if this error will appear my chart is generating but when click on that it's missing i don't no whats happening.
how can i solve this problem can you help asap....
Posted by Richard on 30th July 2016
Hi there,

Can you post a link link to the page?

Richard

PLEASE READ:

If RGraph has helped you please give your feedback - thanks! You can give your feedback or leave a testimonial by adding a forum post or clicking on the speech bubble icon at the very top right.

But most of all: Please link to the RGraph website (get information on how to do it by clicking on the chain icon at the top right of the page)
Posted by sudarshan on 1st August 2016
No i am using localhost so i need know the what s get context and the i put console on the rect.js the canvas is printing but it's taking cursor:default i think so this is the problem reply me asap
Posted by sudarshan on 1st August 2016
Hi,

i put a console on canvas div and the rect.js lib,here rect.js canvas console is printing before the canvas div console i.e before the html code the js code is excecuting i think so..i am not loading the library dynamically
Posted by Richard on 1st August 2016
Hi,

I can't tell what your issue is. I at least need to see some source code (and that does not mean just paste the whole page into a message).

The error would seem to indicate that you're using the wrong canvas ID or that the canvas just doesn't exist - hence when the getContext function is attempted to be called it's just not there.

Richard
Posted by sudarshan on 11th August 2016
Hi Richard,

Your R-graph api is awesome.

I am used almost all the charts.But i want to use geocharts also for represent countries and cities in my project i need now when will you release the geocharts.
Posted by Richard on 11th August 2016
Hi there,

Probably never. I don't anything about mapping.

Richard

Posted by sudarshan on 17th August 2016
Hi.....

i am drawing bar chart like this chart....

www.rgraph.net/demos/drawing-api-xaxis-basic.html

here i want to show 5 teams with 5 different colors with an 5 lables teamA,teamB,teamC ...

here the data of is it's varying from team to team it will be upto 25 max i am given the labels it's not differentiating the labels i need more clarity on full fledged example of this type of chart can you send me asap...

my data is not equal for the all teams....
Posted by Richard on 17th August 2016
Hi there,

Sorry I don't understand what it is that you're asking.

That chart though has 10 bits of data, and just two labels. The labels are, by default, spread evenly across the X axis. Therefore you get 5 bits of data for the first label and 5 for the second.

Richard
Posted by sudarshan on 18th August 2016
Hi...

I need to know one thing the library calling functions are asynchronous or synchronous i think so these are all async calling functions because of it's some times the library js code is executing before the the html code so it's showing error getcontext of null in react.js line no 72 if it's error occurs my charts are missing when clicking on chart for the tooltips it's showing error getcontext null how can i resolve these kind problem once we refresh the window it's working fine it's rare condition but i need to solve it how can i do that give me a suggestion i am using local host i can't post any link.....
Posted by Richard on 18th August 2016
Hi there,

If you're trying to tell me that the canvas doesn't exist when the code runs, then simply put your JavaScript code further down the page, below the canvas tag.

This way the canvas tag exists in the DOM when the code runs and you'll be able to reference it.

Richard
Posted by sudarshan on 29th August 2016
Hi Richard,

is any chart to represent a nodes please post the example link if it is tree formation is also ok for me i need to represent parent node and the child nodes please post a link...
Posted by Richard on 29th August 2016
Hi there,

Are you asking if there's a tree structure style chart?

If so, I'm afraid there isn't.

Richard
Posted by sudarshan on 29th August 2016
philogb.github.io/jit/static/v20/Jit/Examples/RGraph/example1.html

i need a chart like this but it's very hard to understand the code do you have any other charts like this
Posted by Richard on 29th August 2016
Hi there,

Nothing like that I'm afraid.

Richard

« Back to message list