Is there an HBar dynamic Grow effect - as there is with the Bar chart?

Share RGraph:   Share or Like RGraph on Facebook!

« Back to message list

Enter your email address to get email updates on this topic. You can stop receiving updates by clicking the link in the update email messages.

Posted by Jean-Felix on 3rd January 2017
Hey, great work on RGraph!

I was wondering if there was a plan to update the HBAR library to have the same grow functionality as the BAR charts.

Referencing:
www.rgraph.net/forum/message.html/bar-chart-animate-data-change-and-adjust-y-axis-20160714141908.html

www.rgraph.net/tests/bar-grow/bar-grow.html

Thank you so much.
Posted by Richard on 3rd January 2017
Hi there,

I'll assume you mean the animated change to the values - there isn't any plans yet, but I'll add it for the next version.

Richard
Posted by Richard on 13th January 2017
Hi there,

I presume that you're using the canvas libraries?

Richard
Posted by Jean-Felix on 13th January 2017
That's correct. I've been looking into the svg libraries and their functionnalities but I'm just not ready to make the leap yet :P
Posted by Richard on 13th January 2017
Hi there,

Why not? Granted they're younger than the canvas libraries but if you find a bug you could just 'fallback' to the canvas version.

Richard
Posted by Jean-Felix on 13th January 2017
The API I developped around jGraph is currently coded and has been tested for the canvas version. SVG is also completely new to me, and so a bit scary. I actually learned of its existence from this site :P

Its more of a matter of waiting on the right time to make the switch. I'm also not convinced of the benefits of SVG vs Canvas. (But that might be because I'm USING jGraph and not programming it :P)
Posted by Richard on 14th January 2017
Hi there,

I've added the support for changing data with the grow() effect to the HBar now. As of the the next release this page will demonstrate it - you need to set the xmax property to stop the scale changing

www.rgraph.net/demos/effects-hbar-grow2.html

(This demo is NOT there currently)

Richard

Add a reply

« Back to message list