Illegal/malformed UTF-8 in license text

Share RGraph:   To help my Google visibility (it can't get much worse!), if you like and use RGraph I'd appreciate it if you could link to me

« Back to message list

Enter your email address to get email updates on this topic. You can stop receiving updates by clicking the link in the update email messages.

Posted by Chris on 26th February 2016
Hi,

I'm using RGraph with Rails. I just put all .js files in vendor/assets/javascript and they are preprocessed (minified etc) through the asset-pipeline.

With the current (and I also think previous) releases, there is a problem with the Pound sign in the license text. The preprocessor stops with an error: rake aborted!
JSON::GeneratorError: source sequence is illegal/malformed utf-8

and checking with "isutf8" confirms:
RGraph.bar.js: line 10, char 1, byte offset 69: invalid UTF-8 code
RGraph.bipolar.js: line 10, char 1, byte offset 69: invalid UTF-8 code
... (all files with Pound sign)

I fix it, by removing/replacing the Pound sign (and keeping the complete license text). But that seems cumbersome with every update...

Would you please look into that!

Thanks.
Posted by Richard on 26th February 2016
Hi,

Thanks - I'll look at it. Did you know that you can get pre-minified libraries here:

www.rgraph.net/RGraph.minified.zip




Richard

Add a reply




« Back to message list