Adding a chart to my web page - newbie

Share RGraph:   Share or Like RGraph on Facebook!

« Back to message list

Enter your email address to get email updates on this topic. You can stop receiving updates by clicking the link in the update email messages.

Posted by M F on 23rd October 2015
Hi all,

I am a newbie when it comes to making websites, and want to be able to insert a graph. Would anyone be able to help me with step by step instructions on how to do this please?

I have a basic understanding of JS, but need pointers as to where to actually place things within the html document. Would anyone be able to help?

Thank you
Posted by Richard on 23rd October 2015
Hi,

Try starting by examining this demo:

www.rgraph.net/demos/basic-bar.html

(which is also in the download). It shows you the pertinent 3 main sections - the libraries (the <script> tags), the canvas tag and the <script> tag that has the JavaScript that generates the chart.

There are other basic examples in the download - and you can then progress to looking at the other demos (there are over 350).

Richard
Posted by Ammo on 18th November 2016
Enter your message...
This hasnt helped the original poster, as i am in the same boat.

All we need is a step by step guide, with a complete HTML page - not snippets.

I am a complete newbie too, and so far, i dont even know if i need a server,or if these are just supposed to run.

Also, your guide on suggested layout doesnt make sense. Does the path then have to become " script src become ../javascript/RGraph/libraries/RGraph.bar.js" ??

i cant get any graphs to display as the documentation for me is not good
Posted by Richard on 18th November 2016
Hi there,

> This hasnt helped the original poster, as i am in the same boat.

Without the original author saying so you couldn't possibly know that.

> All we need is a step by step guide, with a complete HTML page - not snippets.

There are over 450 of them included in the download.

> I am a complete newbie too, and so far, i dont even know if i need a server,or if
> these are just supposed to run.

This is a tool that you use whilst making webpages or applications. So you need to be able to do that first.

> Also, your guide on suggested layout doesnt make sense. Does the path then have to
> become " script src become ../javascript/RGraph/libraries/RGraph.bar.js" ??

It's a very common HTML tag. It goes in your HTML page as it is there. Of course you'll need to update the path.

> i cant get any graphs to display as the documentation for me is not good

You not being able to create a chart isn't a reflection on the documentation.

Richard

Add a reply

« Back to message list