Line chart specifying X and Y coordinates

Share RGraph:   Share or Like RGraph on Facebook!

« Back to message list

Enter your email address to get email updates on this topic. You can stop receiving updates by clicking the link in the update email messages.

Posted by Pete on 5th June 2013
Hi, I want to be able to show an elevation line graph for a hiking route. Neither the distance between points on a route (x-axis) or the elevation (y-axis) will be at regular intervals. I do want to show the scales on x and y axis at regular intervals though. Can RGraph do this and are there any examples available?
Thanks in advance.
Posted by RGraph support on 6th June 2013
Hi there,

By the sound of it you want a Scatter chart (an X/Y chart). Here you can specify both coordinates and also have a connecting line:

www.rgraph.net/demos/scatter-multiple-datasets.html

Richard, RGraph Support
Posted by Pete on 6th June 2013
Thanks Richard, that's exactly what I was looking for. I only have one problem now. I need my x-axis labels to sit underneath the ticks, rather than between them. How can I shift them left?

See my example at maproute.peterdean.co.uk/graph2.php
Posted by Pete on 6th June 2013
Please ignore my last comment. As you can see, I have sorted it. Thanks for a great product. :-)
Posted by RGraph support on 6th June 2013
Hi there,

The closest thing to that would be specific points for X axis labels which can be specified like this:

www.rgraph.net/docs/scatter.html#labelpoints

And then aligned with this option:

chart.labels.specific.align

Richard, RGraph Support
Posted by Alexander on 23rd January 2014
What was the solution to having x-axis labels to sit underneath the ticks, rather than between them? How can I shift them left?
Posted by Richard on 23rd January 2014
Hi there,

With the Line chart that's the default:

www.rgraph.net/fiddle/view/a-line-chart-demonstrating-label-positioning

Richard

Add a reply

« Back to message list