Questions

« Back to message list

Enter your email address to get email updates on this topic. You can stop receiving updates by clicking the link in the update email messages.

Posted by Pierce Maher on 8th March 2014
Hi

Your Rgraph software is excellent it scores highly foe ease of use, speed, documentation and features.

I am creating a home web page to display weather and thermostat information at my home.

I have csv out put from both and propose to use Rgraph to display trhis information in real time.

My display will use Gauge charts
Thermometer charts, Vertical progress bars, Gauge charts to display Temp and Humidity
and Odometer charts for wind direction.

I would propose combining the above into one display I have the following questions.

Is it possible to use an image as a background and overlay all the Gauges?

Is it possible when using Thermometer charts to have the current temperature and temperature set point combined on one Thermometer charts?

Is it possible to read a value from the csv file and have this displayed beside the Gauge in text format
ie Heating On / Heating Off?

Odometer Gauge is it possible to add N, S, E, W, outside the Gauge to display wind direction.

Many thanks
Posted by Richard on 10th March 2014
Hi there,

> Is it possible to use an image as a background and overlay all the Gauges?

You could use CSS on your canvas to add a background image - that way it won't be affected by redraws.

> Is it possible when using Thermometer charts to have the current temperature and
> temperature set point combined on one Thermometer charts?

You could use the Thermometer value to show the temperature and add a drawing API image to act as a marker that shows the temperature that the thermostat is set to. You'll need to use the obj.getYCoord() API method f to get the relevant Y coordinate - and you could use the obj.coords property for the X coordinate.

> Is it possible to read a value from the csv file and have this displayed beside the
> Gauge in text format
> ie Heating On / Heating Off?

You could do that using server side scripting - or just by manipulating the DOM (ie by adding text) and adding the text adjacent to the canvas tag.

> Odometer Gauge is it possible to add N, S, E, W, outside the Gauge to display wind
> direction.

Yes - you can use the chart.labels option:

obj.Set('labels', ['N','E','S','W']);

Richard
www.rgraph.net
If RGraph has helped you - please share the website - thanks!

Add a reply

« Back to message list
RGraph on social media