Scatter vertical Line chart

Share RGraph:   To help my Google visibility (it can't get much worse!), if you like and use RGraph I'd appreciate it if you could link to me

« Back to message list

Enter your email address to get email updates on this topic. You can stop receiving updates by clicking the link in the update email messages.

Posted by Larry Mahar on 6th June 2013
The description of the Scatter Chart type mentions a "Vertical Line Chart". I think this is what I am looking for but I have not seen an example of this and the documentation does not describe how to configure the scatter chart to show the data as vertical lines. Do you have an example of this?
Posted by RGraph support on 6th June 2013
Hi there,

There's a HOWTO document describing a vertical line chart here:

www.rgraph.net/docs/howto-vertical-line.html

Richard, RGraph support
I guess I didn't understand what a vertical line chart is. What I need is a scatter chart where each data point is represented as a vertical line extending down to the x-axis. Similar to a bar chart but just a thin vertical line. Is there a scatter or bar chart that can do that? If not, may I suggest this as a future chart type.
Hi there,

There's a dot variant of the Bar chart - as shown here:

dev.rgraph.net/tests/bar/dot_variant.html

Richard, RGraph Support

5 developer license with Priority support for £299:
   www.rgraph.net/license#five-developer
For my needs, I will need to be able to define a point by x,y coordinate and I cannot find a way to do that from bar chart. For an example of what I am talking about:

quantifiedself.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/Bastian_FuelBand_vs_Fitbit2.png

For now I will use your standard scatter chart.
Hi there,

To be honest - that looks a lot like this chart - a Bar/Line combination - again without an X scale.

www.rgraph.net/demos/bar-combined-line.html

Richard, RGraph Support

5 developer license with Priority support for £299:
   www.rgraph.net/license#five-developer

Add a reply

« Back to message list