Shaded Error Bar

Share RGraph:   To help my Google visibility (it can't get much worse!), if you like and use RGraph I'd appreciate it if you could link to me

« Back to message list

Enter your email address to get email updates on this topic. You can stop receiving updates by clicking the link in the update email messages.

Posted by Patrick Li on 19th August 2013
Hi,

I am attempting to create something like this: www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fx_files/26311/5/shadedErrorBar.png via RGraph.

I can create a single shaded error bar (SEB) by using 2 line graphs with a shaded region overlaid on top of each other [1st line graph with a colored fill region (1LG), 2nd line graph with a fill region with the same color as the background (2LG)] but I can't create a chart with 2 SEBs with this technique as the 2nd SEB's 2LG overwrites the 1st SEB's shading. I've fiddled with using opacity but that doesn't complete hide the 2nd SEB's 1LG fill color.

I apologize if the above is slightly convoluted, if needed, I can clarify further. Any help would be much appreciated!

Best,
Patrick
Posted by RGraph support on 20th August 2013
Hi there,

It does seem a little convoluted - all you need to get a range chart is two datasets and a bit of configuration:

www.rgraph.net/demos/line-adjustable-range.html

To have two ranges on the same chart you'd use two Line chart objects on the same canvas.

And with a little more configuration you can achieve different effects:

www.rgraph.net/demos/line-dual-color-range.html
www.rgraph.net/demos/line-range-clickable2.html
www.rgraph.net/demos/line-range-clickable.html
www.rgraph.net/demos/line-dynamic-updates-range.html

Richard, RGraph Support

Help support RGraph - single site license only £99
   www.rgraph.net/license#single-site
Posted by RGraph support on 20th August 2013
Hi there,

And the range can have it's data tailored to produce this effect:

www.rgraph.net/demos/line-fan.html

Richard, RGraph Support

Posted by Patrick Li on 20th August 2013
Ah, thanks! I think I was using an older version of RGraph. Good as any reason to update!
Posted by RGraph support on 22nd August 2013
Hi there,

And now I've had a chance to create something that a little better resembles the chart you showed:

www.rgraph.net/demos/line-dual-range.html

Richard, RGraph Support

Add a reply

« Back to message list