Suggestion: Thermometer scale/label decimals

Share RGraph:   To help my Google visibility (it can't get much worse!), if you like and use RGraph I'd appreciate it if you could link to me

« Back to message list

Enter your email address to get email updates on this topic. You can stop receiving updates by clicking the link in the update email messages.

Posted by Sascha W. on 19th July 2013
Okay, this is a mini suggestion including the necessary code changes.

While making a thermometer chart, I wanted to just display the current value with some decimals and not the scale. I looked up the stuff in your source and added a 'chart.label.decimals' which is now used when determining the number of decimals for the label.

Something I noticed on the way:
Your props object in RGraph.thermometer.js has 'chart.scale.decimals' two times. Nothing big. Maybe you want to fix it or change it the way I did to give the user more control over their sweet thermometer chart.

Sincerly yours
Sascha W.
Posted by RGraph support on 19th July 2013
Hi there,

I could find no reference to the chart.label.decimals property in the Thermometer chart source code - only chart.scale.decimals. So its probably already been changed.

Richard, RGraph Support

Help support RGraph - single site license only £99!
   www.rgraph.net/license#single-site
I guess you misunderstood me. It is true, there is no chart.label.decimals in the Thermometer chart source code. I added this one to have seperate control over the decimals of the label and the scale.

In the props object though are two references on chart.scale.decimals.

It's just a suggestion that you could add a chart.label.decimals too. Would give the user more control.
Hi there,

Which labels are you referring to?

Richard, RGraph Support

Help support RGraph - single site license only £99!
   www.rgraph.net/license#single-site
Sorry for being unclear. I'm talking about the label which shows the current value of the thermometer chart.
Hi there,

I see - currently this runs off of chart.scale.decimals so it shouldn't be hard to separate it out into its own property.

Richard, RGraph support

Add a reply

« Back to message list