Timeline like Google Charts?

Share RGraph:   To help my Google visibility (it can't get much worse!), if you like and use RGraph I'd appreciate it if you could link to me

« Back to message list

Enter your email address to get email updates on this topic. You can stop receiving updates by clicking the link in the update email messages.

Posted by Paul Blanchard on 14th September 2013
Is it possible to create a timeline like the google charts timeline here developers.google.com/chart/interactive/docs/gallery/timeline#BarsOneRow

Similar to a Gantt chart, but being able to put multiple tasks on one row. I have several projects where the major tasks are sequential and I would like to have a view with a project per row. This does not give the detail that a normal Gantt chart would, but fits my need.

I am using the google charts timeline and it displays what I want, but I can not interact with it. Your Gantt chart example looks like it can do the same thing but with much better control.

Thanks,
Paul
Posted by RGraph Support on 14th September 2013
Hi there,

The Gantt chart can have multiple entries per row. If you look closely at the example page this Gantt chart has two events on the top row:

www.rgraph.net/examples/planning-and-management-charts.html

You could also try the HBar chart - with a bit of configuration this too can be a "poor mans" timeline:

www.rgraph.net/fiddle/view/a-hbar-thats-a-bit-like-a-timeline

Richard, RGraph Support
Please remember to link to the RGraph website

Help support RGraph - single site license only £99
   www.rgraph.net/license#single-site

Add a reply

« Back to message list