About
RGraph is a JavaScript charts library based on HTML5 SVG and canvas. RGraph is mature (over 15 years old) and has a wealth of features making it an ideal choice to show charts on your website.

More »

Download
Get the latest version of RGraph (version 6.17) from the download page. There's also older versions available, minified files and links to cdnjs.com hosted libraries.

More »

License
RGraph can be used for free under the GPL or if that doesn't suit your situation there's an inexpensive (£129) commercial license available.

More »

Tooltips do not display correctly with version 5.27

Posted by Joachim at 18:56 on Friday 12th February 2021 [link]
Hi,
just tried version 5.27 and encountered a problem with tooltips on 3d bar charts. E.g. if you have 10 bars on chart, tooltips will not display on last 3 bars. Firefox debugger does not show any error. Tried with old tooltips.js and without responsive function but behavior did not change. Do you have any clue what goes wrong with V5.27?

Posted by Richard at 20:54 on Friday 12th February 2021 [link]
Have you upgraded all of the libraries to version 5.27? And does it make a difference if you hold shift/ctrl down when you click on refresh?

I've made a simple test page which shows a canvas and SVG Bar chart with 10 bars along with tooltips.

The positioning is a bit off for the SVG chart, though that's fixed for version 5.28.

https://codepen.io/rgraph/pen/XWNpmom

Posted by Joachim at 11:17 on Saturday 13th February 2021 [link]
hi,

I've setup a test to show the problem:

see: http://www.jschmidt-systemberatung.de/plugins/content/rgraph/test527.html

this worked fine with V5.26 tooltips are displaying fast and correctly.

Posted by Richard at 11:57 on Saturday 13th February 2021 [link]
Can you remove the:

textAccessible: false,

option? This seems to be causing the issue. It works as expected without it. Though I did add this too:

tooltips:Offsety: -10,

Posted by Joachim at 12:24 on Saturday 13th February 2021 [link]
hi,

This fixed it (either if removed or defined with textAccessible: true).

Thank you
Have a nice weekend

Posted by Richard at 12:50 on Saturday 13th February 2021 [link]
OK I've fixed the issue so tooltips should be positioned correctly with or without the textAccessible setting enabled.

The fix will be a part of version 5.28 (which all being well should be available at the end of February) so feel free to try that and see if it works for you.

[Replies are now closed]