3D charts in RGraph
New in August 2015 are 3D Bar charts and Pie charts. For example the 3D Pie chart is new and the 3D Bar charts have been improved. See below for more charts that support 3D. Update: In March 2017 a 3D mode was also added to the SVG Bar chart.
Starting in August 2015 various charts have been updated to have new or improved 3D support. These charts are listed below. Certain visual effects (ie the CSS based generic ones) won't have any issues. Though as with the previous 3D variations, canvas based effects (eg the wave effect) may be slowed due to the extra drawing that's involved. As you'll see from the demos there's not a whole lot involved in switching your charts to 3D - just a single configuration property and some increased margin settings (in some cases). There is an example of each 3D style chart listed below.
3D Bar charts (examples/bar-3d-effect.html)
- A 3D Bar chart where the X axis is positioned in the center (examples/bar-3d-effect-xaxispos-center.html)
- Multi-row Bar chart where multiple datasets are positioned one-behind-the-other(examples/bar-3d-effect-multi-row.html)
- A 3D Bipolar chart (examples/bipolar-3d.html)
- A 3D Vertical Progress Bar (using the 3D Bar chart) (examples/bar-vprogress-3d.html)
- A 3D Donut chart (examples/donut-3d.html)
A regular 3D Horizontal Bar chart (examples/hbar-3d.html)
- A 3D Horizontal Bar chart with the Y axis positioned in the center (examples/hbar-3d-yaxispos-center.html)
- A 3D Horizontal Bar chart with the Y axis position on the right (examples/hbar-3d-yaxispos-right.html)
- A 3D Horizontal Progress bar (using the 3D Horizontal Bar chart) (examples/hbar-3d-hprogress.html)
- A 3D Pie chart (examples/pie-3d.html)
- A 3D Rose chart (examples/rose-3d.html)
- A regular 3D SVG Bar chart (examples/svg-bar-3d-standard.html)
- A grouped 3D SVG Bar chart (examples/svg-bar-3d-grouped.html)
- A stacked 3D SVG Bar chart (examples/svg-bar-3d-stacked.html)
- A 3D Vertical Progress Bar (examples/svg-bar-3d-vprogress.html)
- Shadows can seriously reduce the frame rate of canvas based animations. So if you want animated 3D charts, turn off shadows or choose a CSS based effect (such as the expand effect).
Dynamic features will probably not work well. As you can see here
though with the "progress bar" adjusting (for example) is passable.
Tooltips should work satisfactorily too if you use the