Gauge chart modifying the value

Share RGraph:  

« Back to message list

Enter your email address to get email updates on this topic. You can stop receiving updates by clicking the link in the update email messages.

Posted by Graeme Elsworthy on 17th August 2017
Hi Richard,

I had a case today where a gauge value went beyond the gauge's max value, and the value displayed in the valueText field was not the actual value but the gauge's max value. The needle was pegged at the scale maximum, which is consistent with a real gauge needle hitting an end-stop, so I expected this. But shouldn't the value shown when valueText is true be the actual gauge value rather than the gauge max value?

Cheers,
Graeme.
Posted by Richard on 17th August 2017
Hi there,

In that case it should really be the Gauge's max value. I'll take a look at this.

Richard
Posted by Richard on 24th August 2017
Hi there,

I tried this (as I understand the issue):

www.rgraph.net/fiddle/view.html/a-faulty-gauge-maxs-value

Is it an older version that you're using? Or have I misunderstood the issue?

Richard
Posted by Graeme Elsworthy on 25th August 2017
Hi Richard,

To me, the value should show as 150, not 100. The needle is correct, because in a real gauge there are usually end-stops that prevent the needle from traveling past either end of the scale. However, the value is 150 and this is what it should show in the valueText field.

I'm using RGraph.minified-2017-05-08, which I think is 4.62.

Cheers,
Graeme.
Posted by Richard on 25th August 2017
Hi there,

I disagree, but I'll add an option for you so that you can enable this behaviour - something like valueTextActual.

Richard
Posted by Graeme Elsworthy on 26th August 2017
Thanks, Richard,

much appreciated.

Cheers,
Graeme.

Add a reply

« Back to message list