The benefits of using RGraph
This page explains the benefits of using RGraph to produce web charts: faster pages with attractive charts. Oh, and of course there's also the fact that RGraph is 100% free to use anywhere and for any purpose you choose. There are 50-60 basic chart types and you can configure or combine them to make more types.
Not only that but because more processing power is available on the user's computer, they will be much faster.
And, because the RGraph libraries can be compressed and cached (for example, if you're using Apache, the mod_gzip module will compress the output for you or if you're using Apache2 then it's built-in), bandwidth usage can be greatly reduced.
This makes it attractive to use if you want to save money at the same time as speeding up your website.
- RGraph can save you money
- RGraph can speed up your website
- RGraph makes pretty charts too!
Imagine that you are creating 10,000 charts a day and the data is such that the charts can't be cached.
With the RGraph library you can reduce that number to zero. All of the charts are made by each individual web browser, just like the HTML that you send to them.
And that means much lower bandwidth bills and far less load on your webserver.
Download the archive and look at the examples! Useful if you need to do a presentation (for example) and want to use the same charts as your website.
- Cross browser support.
- 50-60 Different types of canvas-based charts, 15+ Different types of SVG-based charts.
- Both SVG and canvas chart types are supported.
- Charts work online and offline.
- Interactive features: Tooltips, context menus, adjusting...
- RGraph charts are created in the browser - so there's no server overhead.
- Very easy to set up (see the "Getting started with RGraph" documentation).
- Fully documented.
- Very easy to learn.