The RGraph changelog
August 2018 (v4.67)
- I've added more detail about using PhantomJS to get a command-line rendering of a chart to the download page. Don't forget that there's also an SVG HOWTO guide about using PhantomJS that you can look though
- With the Bipolar you can now specify just two colors - one for the left side and one for the right. You don't have to specify colorsSequential to do this - just give exactly two colors.
- Made a number of bugfixes to the Bipolar chart around coordinates handling.
- Added the SVG Gauge chart. It can show an inner and outer Scale, an ingraph labels, be adjustable and you just have a single scale as well if you wish.
- Added the labelsRadiusOffset property to the Meter chart which enables you to make the dual scale Meter chart on the left hand-side of this demo page .
Notable changes to both the canvas and the SVG Google Sheets
- Previously when fetching a row or column both sides of the resulting array were trimmed. Now though only the right hand side of the array is trimmed so null values at the start, which are followed by at least one value, will be returned.
- The Google Sheets code can now be used stand alone - ie you no longer need to include the RGraph(.svg).common.core.js file in your page. This means that you can use the code seperately from RGraph of you so wish. There's a blog article page here that you can read.
- The Bar, Line, Scatter and Waterfall charts can now have rotated X labels by way of the xaxisTextAngle property. Currently multi-line labels can't be rotated though. Possible values are 0-90.
- Fixed a bug in the Line chart library which was truncating lines.
- Documented the canvas Line chart ticksize property (which has been omitted for some time).
- Various changes to the website aimed at bettering its Google performance.
- The SVG bckground grid <path> object(s) are now set to have the CSS pointer-events property to none. This will help when you want tooltips on multiple objects when you're showing a combined chart. This has also been changed for the SVG Rose chart.
February 2018 (v4.66)
- Fixed a slight bug with the HBar background grid which presented itself when there is no labels
- The Line chart no longer sets the yaxisMax and yaxisMin properties when they've been worked out.
- The SVG Pie chart sticks have changed - they're now made up of just two lines - one that sticks straight out of the segment and another that goes directy to the label (so Pie chart sticks are made up of two lines now - not three.
- The Line chart tickmarks weren't working as described in the documentation. The tickmark properties can now be either a single value (eg a number or a string) or for multiple line charts they can be an array of different styles.
- The SVG Line chart blob type for the key can now also be squaredot or rectdot.
- The Pie chart demo that demonstrates using Pie charts as Meters has been updated slightly so that the Pie charts have a gray background. This means that the Pie charts are more like growing progress bars.
- When there were multiple SVG Pie charts on one page using the roundRobin() effect on all of them, it didn't work well. This is now fixed so that multiple instances of the roundRobin effect will happily coexist with each other.
- When tracing the Line chart now removes any preexisting clip path that a previous trace may have added. This means that multiple calls to trace() are possible.
- The default font has been changed from Segoe UI to Arial for all of the SVG libraries.
- The default for the canvas tooltip highlights is to now set the CSS pointer-events property to none.
- This page (regarding the DOMContentLoaded event) has been updated.
- The SVG text routine has been updated so that you no longer have to prepend a non-breaking whitespace character if you want to begin your strings with a newline character.
Past release notes
The release notes for last year (2017) are available. Older release notes though are not.