The RGraph changelog
Summary: This is the page to check for details on what has changed. The changes may or may not be relevant to you.
February 2020 (v5.21)
The Line chart
filledarrowtickmark styles now respect the
The SegmentedMeter variation of the Pie chart now has a
- Fixed a bug with the adjustable SVG Gauge chart and Firefox - it wasn't fetching the cursor position correctly so adjusting didn't work correctly.
- Fixed a bug with the Pie/Donut 3D variants that meant that the shadow wasn't being drawn correctly.
- Lots of Internet Explorer 11 related bugs were fixed.
When using the drawing API X axis and Y axis objects you should be aware that the color
properties have changed. They're no longer called
colors- they're now called
yaxisColorand they're not arrays but a single color.
All of the margins have been synchronised at
35. This may cause your charts to shift a little if you upgrade but you can just set them back to what you want them to be with the
If you use the
axesproperty to turn off both the X and Y axes you will now need to use both the
The Bar, Horizontal Bar, Line, Gantt, Scatter and Waterfall charts
and the drawing X axis now all use a common
RGraph.drawXAxis()function. It is, quite naturally, a large function - but also quite versatile because it supports all kinds of different options. As a result some chart types have new options for their X axis.
The Bar, Horizontal Bar, Line, Gantt, Scatter and Waterfall charts and the drawing
API Y axis now all use a common
RGraph.drawYAxis()function. Again, it's a large function - but also quite versatile because it supports all kinds of different options. As a result some chart types have new options. Notably, the
yaxisLabelsoption has been changed to the
yaxisScaleoption, which turns on and off the Y axis scale labels.
innerHTMLproperty that was used in a few places in the
RGraph.common.core.jshas been changed to the faster
yaxisScaleZerostarthas been removed. The scale now always starts with zero.
- The documentation for the canvas Scatter chart has been bolstered with clearer information about the format of the data array.
- A new feature which is coming in the next version of RGraph (which will be 5.22) and which has already been partially implemented in the Bar chart is tooltip templates. There's a demo in the download archive called bar-tooltip-templates.html which demonstrates this exciting (!) new feature. You can read a little about it on the tooltips feature documentation page .
Backwards compatibility notes
There are notifications and advisories regarding backwards compatibility that you can read here: https://www.rgraph.net/canvas/docs/backwards-compatibility.html
Past release notes
Older release notes though are not available.