The RGraph changelog
This is the page to check for details on what has changed. The changes may or may not be relevant to you.
April 2019 (v5.01, (unreleased))
Changed the name of the Waterfall chart
xaxisLabelsAngle. You'll need to update this in your code if you use it.
Fixed a bug with one of the Pie chart demos using the older style
Fixed an "off by one" error in the Waterfall
grow()animation effect. This was only really noticeable if you used the
labelsAboveoption for specifying a separator was spelt incorrectly and is now called this:
January 2019 (v5.00, major update)
- The 5.00 release adds a lot of new (mainly text) properties to practically all of the chart libraries. More so the canvas libraries, but the SVG libraries are by no means excluded from this update. All of the charts have been touched in some way - if only to update the gutter* properties to now be called margin*. This update has naturally affected the larger libraries more though as they're the ones with more properties. If you upgrade from a past version then you'll need to consult the API documentation ( SVG and canvas ) to see the changes. The API hasn't really changed - just the property names. All documentation and the demos have been updated so if you want to have a look at the new style then there are plenty examples of it in the examples that are in the download. Naturally with an update of this size there are likely to be bugs. All documentations pages and demos have been checked but they don't cover every possible configuration - so I would suggest that you proceed with caution if you're upgrading from a prior version. If you're starting with this version then things will be easier - though oddities may still occur.
Various issues in the Bipolar chart have been corrected including
rounding issues when drawing the bars, color selection and
labelsAboveerrors when mixing normal/grouped bars.
- The zoom feature has been removed from all chart types. You can get the same effect by using your browsers built in zoom (CTRL & +) so it didn't really serve a purpose.
- The Scatter chart lines, if enabled, now appear below any above labels.
The SVG Semi-circular Progress bar has had changes made to the
highlighting that happens when tooltips are shown. The highlighting
no longer overlaps the stroke of the chart. You can see an example
by viewing the
svg-svg-blocky.htmldemo in the download archive.
The Rose chart
angles2arrays no longer contain the details of the segments. Instead they contain a reference to the SVG
pathelement that is the segment itself. This SVG element has data attributes set on it that can give you the necessary details of the segment. Eg Each segment has a
data-start-angleattribute to it. By inspecting the element in your browser you will be able to see the available attributes. Don't forget that you will more than likely need to cast any values to numbers as they are initially strings.
Added the SVG Bar chart properties
callbackoption to the
RGraph.SVG.text.find()function. This callback function is passed an object which has a
nodesproperty which is the text nodes that were found. Documentation was added for this on the " How to use the
RGraph.SVG.text.find()function " page (the SVG documentation). The canvas version of this function is called
RGraph.text2.find()and only works when you're using accessible text (this is the default).
- The drawing API Y axis object title has been moved left a little bit (approximately 7 pixels) so if you use it you may need to update your sizing's and/or increase the size of your charts margins.
- Fixed a bug with SVG scale mirroring where an incorrect lower maximum value would be shown along with no tickmark.
- A bug in the Bipolar charts has been fixed where the bold setting for the right hand
labelsAbovelabels wasn't being respected.
- The Line chart default for the
labelsAboveBorderproperty has changed to false
- The Line chart default for the
labelsAboveBackgroundhas changed to
- The default padding for DOM text has been set to 1px instead of 2px.
- The Pie chart option
labelsSticksUsecolorshas been removed.
Past release notes
Older release notes though are not available.